DEADLINE EXTENDED: 9am on 1 March 2018
The British Museum is delighted to offer two fully-funded training positions for museum and heritage professionals working for the Ministry of Antiquities in Egypt.
The International Training Programme is aimed at those looking to increase their knowledge of museum practices and share skills across the sector, while having the opportunity work with specialists relevant to their personal interests and roles.
The programme will run from Saturday 30 June to Saturday 11 August 2018 (inclusive of travel dates) and comprises two parts:
A four and a half week programme at the British Museum with sessions covering a wide variety of topics including but not limited to:
- Collections management, storage and documentation; exhibitions and galleries; conservation and scientific research; national and international loans; learning, volunteers and audiences; fundraising, income generation and commercial programmes; leadership, strategy, museum management and communication.
A ten-day programme at another UK museum, to experience smaller, regional museums and their different approaches to display, management and audience development.
Those wishing to apply should be:
- Early to mid-career museum or heritage professionals.
- Have good spoken and written English.
- Dedicated to a career in the heritage sector.
- Working for the Ministry of Antiquities.
- Have a clearly defined plan of how they should use their six weeks in the UK to further develop their own skills and their role in their institutions.
- Have a desire to work internationally or to learn about culture and heritage around the world through interaction with a diverse group of colleagues.
The British Museum will cover all travel and accommodation costs relating to the training programme, and will also offer a modest payment towards subsistence. Accommodation will be provided in self-catering flats near the British Museum.
Learn more about the International Training Programme:
ITP Website: http://www.britishmuseum.org/about_us/skills-sharing/international_training.aspx
ITP Blog: bmtrainingprog.wordpress.com
ITP Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BMITP/#
ITP Email Address: email@example.com
ITP Twitter Account: @britmusitp